Skip to main content

Erased: Chapter 5 and 6

Erased, a novel


Chapter 5- Clouds On the Move
"Present Time"


Mr. Wells- Something happens after nineteen days of homelessness.  Perhaps the nineteenth day gets a clear view of the twenty-first waiting on the horizon, and everything starts to look static.  I'd taken all the steps to make my life a good one; something a man could be proud of, but maybe I'd step on someone's toe in my sleep walking.  I hadn't t considered myself a sleeper, yet I'd ended up here without any real distinct notice.  I didn't hate it. In fact hate was a word I disposed of early in my life. If there was a second golden rule, not using the word hate was definitely it.  Well, that's how it was taught to me.  I didn't force it down anyone's throat, but I took my fill.  Anyway, it's hard to see my life some days, and I eventually just started looking at the clouds.  At first I thought they were standing still, but I was just staring.  Once I relaxed my eyes a bit I found my head moving, and If I look long enough I can even make a u-turn.  Now I know for myself that the world is round.  Like I said, I don't hate it... it's just.  I didn't think thirty years could fall apart so quickly.  I'm starting to put some of the pieces to how I got here together, but for now I just keep it all to myself.  In the Meantime, I find peace in watching those who's found peace out here.  There's a lot to admire from a distance, but if you get to close you begin to feel the load.  I think I got one solid friend however.  I'm using the word friend loosely of course.  It's the only way I can use it in this late afternoon of my life.  But it's a freeing thought sometimes.  One I can appreciate.  Anyway, we usually divide the paper.  Any paper.  We just love to read. Then we just toss our take aways around.  It's like playing ball, and hours evaporate.  I must say, it's not a bad way to stay alive.  Debating issues that are above you, and sitting on the ones beneath you.  That's mostly in the evenings though.  During the day, I find my way alone.  If that's a real thing.  You see, nature has always been my companion.  It didn't take me getting to here to figure that out.  As a kid, I stay outdoors and almost everyday I brought some living thing home.  Now I know better than to try to cage the living, but it was fun back then.  Now the fun is celebrating with nature.  Just look at it sometimes, and you'll see how much it smiles.



Chapter 6- Still Migrating


Reece- My whole existence has rested on my ability to migrate.  I've traveled so far that it's even hard for me to identify some of the past places I've lived in.  I mean they'd fallen off the map completely.  I didn't speak about them, and as long as I kept migrating, they couldn't speak about me.  At least that's how I'd come to think for quite a few years, until I was diagnosed HIV positive.  Now, I sometimes feel as though I was making my return.  Nevertheless, it's not the kind of thing I wear as a throw over.  It more like my undergarments, you know.  It's personal, and I honestly thought it would always be that way, but I ended up telling him.  It wasn't some brave and highly moral act on my part.  As a matter of fact he almost killed me that night.  It was just really bad timing.  It wasn't my fault.  We'd been just fine the way we were; always protected, but then he wanted more.  How was I suppose to know we were on that road.  I mean we weren't exclusive or anything, just really reliable company.  And because I was usually always just company, I didn't know how ugly he could be.  Really, I didn't have to tell him.  I could have just migrated my way out of it. But I did care about him.  I still do, and although he's never hit me again, it wasn't long after that night that he asked me to work for him.  And it's no cheap work.  These are top level assignments. Most girls from where I'm from dream of this life whether they know it or not.  Just like I didn't dream it, but most days it's a total dream.  A quick trip here, and a quick trip there.  And given the nature of the beast I carry, it's a pretty smooth road.




Thank you for joining the Suspended-Release of Erased.  Read the Intro now:
http://thedecksandtheroad.blogspot.com/2018/05/erased-dedication-and-introduction.html



Erased, a novel

Copyright 2018 by Natisha Renee Williams, All Rights Reserved

Grace Call Communications, LLC Copyright 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Grace Call Communications... Unfolding Now!

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening) Grace Call Communications, LLC thanks you for your support of DAR and The VCR Diaries!  Pick up our latest Newsletter to find out how you can Write Your First Book in 2020 using our Suspended-Release Novel Formula.  Also enjoy The VCR Diaries "MIC".. Mysteries in Common right here on the blog.

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga