Skip to main content

Series Feature... Erased: Chapter 23

Erased, a novel


Chapter 23- Final Call


Reece- I've just heard the news. It's hard to say that it has upset my plans because I didn't have any, but now I'm here, I'm going to need some.  I'm not sure how my heart is doing at the moment, I haven't made it that far.  My first thought is to check the account.  It's all there, all three-hundred thousand, and some change.  Now what?  It's not my independence that I'm puzzled about, it's just all of my assignments came straight from his desk, and by desk I mean they were all personal.  I didn't ask lots of questions, but it wasn't long before I realized just how personal.  At times I allowed my mind to wander, and it always went down the moral road.  It's not the kind of road I was ever happy to see.  Mainly because of the growling that rises up, but my fear and resentment doesn't keep it from calling out to me with its bright light.  A few times it came to mind, and I didn't hear any feedback.  Still, I thought it would swallow me up, so I quickly wandered back to reality.  Today is one of those times when there's no growling, and I'm tempted to make the turn, but I'm blinded.  I log out, and wash my face.  I exit and reach for my phone.  I make the call and then hang up.  What's the point.  My experience has thought me not to come clean, and if I'm going to try out this road... I'm doing it with my mouth closed.  I'm back at the chair with the view, and he has dialed me back.  My instincts say to fall off the face of his earth, but something says to pick up.  His voice is low, as if someone's listening.  "what's up?" is the question.  Usually "nothing" is the answer, but I'm not on the job and all the passwords are dead.  I can hear him speaking in the background and it gives me time to contemplate.

"Come see me.  I'll be in the office for a few hours. "  It's a Saturday morning.  I get dressed quickly, and make my way to Sam. When I walk in he's alone, and gets up to greet me.  We kiss as always on the lips, and he closes the door behind me.  We sit across from each other, and it's the first time that it's not easy between us.  I'm wondering if he can sense my deliberations.  And then, it all spills out on the table.

"What's wrong?  Where's Reece." He made reference to the game, and I immediately grabbed a hold of my defenses.  I wasn't myself, he was right.  I was usually a calculating device, and I tried to calculate quickly.  I didn't keep a lot of friends.  I couldn't in my line of work.  I barely wanted to been seen.  I moved quickly in and out of tight spaces.  Sam's case was the first that required me to hang around.  He seemed to enjoy having me beside him, but I had not been greatly successful otherwise.  I had the opportunity to keep searching him out, and that was the logical next step.  I dug deep and brought Reece back to the table.  I pushed Lareece back down where she was more comfortable, and I continued.

I brushed the whole thing off, and turned a real loss into something fictional; something that would take me away for a few days.  I needed more time to face the truth and plot my course.




Erased, a novel


Copyright 2018 by Natisha Renee Williams, All Rights Reserved

Grace Call Communications, LLC Copyright 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Grace Call Communications... Unfolding Now!

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening) Grace Call Communications, LLC thanks you for your support of DAR and The VCR Diaries!  Pick up our latest Newsletter to find out how you can Write Your First Book in 2020 using our Suspended-Release Novel Formula.  Also enjoy The VCR Diaries "MIC".. Mysteries in Common right here on the blog.

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga