Skip to main content

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Veronica vs Vance, Round 1

Welcome to The VCR Diaries "MIC"
A Poetic Documental based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series

(Click on the Image to Open a Clearer View)

Experience MIC!  Mysteries In Common.  
Enjoy this comparison of The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen.  
To access the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to TBIOB.blogspot.com.  Here are the character profiles.  Click on the images to open a clear view.

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view)
(Click on the Image to open a clearer view)

Join Veronica, Cassandra, and Reece from book 3, Erased and Vance Shepherd, Chad-Ezra, Rick Simpleton each from a separate book of The Decks and the Road Novel Series.  Read the Character profiles in the Images above.  


Her Diary-Veronica
It's black leather with raised suede.  The suede is where the flowers are, they're gray.  An odd color for a flower.  Yet, it's pretty to look at.  Inside, there are groups of pages where she just let it rip, and between those, whole areas where she just skipped over. It's like she was planning on inserting something on those pages, but either she forgot or life took off.  It's very clean, and barely worn; except for one of the outside corners of the front cover.  The leather is completely gone there.  Maybe it took a fall, you know.  I don't know what happened but the cardboard under the leather is exposed, and it's also gray. 


A Barefoot

A heavy foot can be heard anywhere,
It doesn't scratch the ear drum like one being dragged,
But a heavy foot can destroy things,
And it's what keeps all the ears alert,
And eyes moving swiftly back and forth.

It's like the sound of the guard coming up the hall,
I think he knows the terror of his step,
And he likes it.

I myself am a light and swift step,
That's the way everything changes around me,
With a light touch and leaving no footstep behind,
And that's exactly how I'm taking to the stage.

My pant legs are long,
They're sweeping the floor in fact,
And don't you try to get a look underneath,
I'm barefoot.

It's the way to get undressed isn't it,
And this diary and everything in it is trying to undress me,
I'm here and I'm holding it,
But the words aren't and they're not.

These are old words from old matters,
They come from worlds apart,
And perhaps they're too tired to hold me up,
Still, here I am,
Midway through this leap.

And midway is where I want to put my shoes back on,
Midway is where life makes you choose,
Choose to undress the past forever,
Or put it all into a file in a draw you can never step away from.

I'm pass midway now,
Well midway as we like to hold it,
And caress it.

I didn't see it then.
Midway.
I didn't undress it when the moment came,
And now all I have is the stage and this diary.

Now right before him,
I'm determined to undress,
No.. I'm not just going to have him put a beautiful spin,
On the small drops of blood between these pages.

Dried blood,
It has a way of intrigue,
And intrigue,
A way of Glory,
But he should smell it,
He should pull his nostrils up,
And get a good whiff.

Then maybe the next time I glimpse up,
He'll be gone,
His seat will be empty,
And all the ears will go with his heavy step.

Then maybe I can just run through this,
I'll get out from under this cruel heat,
This spotlight,
And put my shoes back on.

Then maybe I'll get some credit,
For walking all the way back to midway,
With a draw on my back.

And surely,
Maybe,
I'll see it clearly,
To leave it all behind.


His Diary- Vance Shepherd
"I didn't know they expected me to bring the whole thing.  I mean, I get it... Diaries, but it feels like more of a ladies thing.  Hey, it's the first one and there's plenty of pages left if I ever decide to go this deep again."


A Barefoot

A bare foot tippy toes across the floor,
It's looking for a home,
Not desperately,
But purposely.

She's young,
I'm young,
Not innocently,
But happily.

I'm in love with her hair,
It talks,
A loving talk,
One she's not too young to speak.

A barefoot,
It's slower than one with shoes on,
And it's thoughtful,
But it has to work on being grounded.

That's if it plans on staying clean,
If it doesn't,
The ground is a good canvas.

When I left home there were shoes..
But when she smiled I let them go.

Traded them for sandals,
And a stroll on the beach.

Kept going back and forth..
Shoes then sandals,
Shoes then sandals.

At home I wore shoes of course.

Then I came to her for good,
I meant it,
For good.

And she let me remove my sandals.


All Poems written by NaTisha Renee Williams
All rights reserved.  Including the rights to reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured by the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications, LLC to use or reproduce any part of this Literary Work except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.

VCR Diaries, Copyright 2018 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights reserved.
VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen", Copyright 2019 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights Reserved.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick, Round 9

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening.) Thank you for following The VCR Diaries MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Reece vs. Rick  "Survival Instinct" Reece-  Ever seen a tiny branch form right out of a large branch?  There’s no succession; no respect for season.  You blink and there it is.  It appears weak in contrast, until you see a squirrel sitting there.  There’s no sway.  There’s no bounce. It’s there and it’s meant to be there.  My life is the tiny branch, but my breath remains a set of wings… again, one tiny and one large.  You should see it flying through the sky; my breath.  If you can capture the image, you’ll say it’s not going that far.  Ye