Skip to main content

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Cassandra vs. Che, Round 4

Welcome to The VCR Diaries "MIC"
A Poetic Documental based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series



Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common.
Enjoy this comparison of The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen".
To access the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to TBIOB.blogspot.com

Round 4 Cassandra vs. Chad-Ezra 

"A Book I Read" 

Cassandra's Diary- Think about metallic teal.  If it’s not a color, now that you’ve met Cassandra it is.  Her diary is heavy.  The covers are made of slate and there are veins of metallic teal.  The pages on the inside are soft and flexible.  The book opens flat, and there’s a yellow ribbon hanging out from between the pages where she last wrote.  It’s like finding a daisy in the dead of winter.  You may question it, but you probably wouldn’t reject it. 

A Book I Read

On the subject of genes and their types,
I don't carry genes,
I am a gene.

On the subject of Queens and their prey,
I don't sit on a throne,
I am a throne.

On the subject of Ants and their strength,
I was an ant,
Now I'm the queen.

I don't study,
I'm studied.

I don't wait,
I hurry.

When I thought of myself as an offspring,
I always waited until spring.

Now I blossom, bloom, and bud,
In the dead of winter.

A book I read healed me,
And I've been dicing red tape ever since.

A book I read sparked a thought,
And I've been thinking ever since.

And ever since I've been thinking...
I'm not drowning.

Since I been thinking,
This yellow ribbon don't divide me.

I'm still a gene,
The gene I knew before him.


Che of The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" comes to the floor- "Lucky Well" brought the roar.  I think everyone came to their feet.  So much so that... no one saw me or the spotlight following me to the place where the "C" is waiting for me the keep the party going.  I feel like a dot in a sea of words.  Why I agreed to do this?  To solidify my place in the Daytime Serial Drama.  It was and is also an Act of Courage.  It's a pattern it seems; Act 2 always warrants an Act of Courage.  

Che's Diary-  I'm no copy cat, but I wish I'd thought of just bringing my pages sooner.  However, I holding the small note book with soft floppy covers opened to the middle which is where I started.  Right now I'm holding it against my right leg; my thumb keeping it opened.  I just need to get a grasp on this moment.  I make a complete circle and then place my feet right back where I was told to put them.  It's just about a 5x7 size notebook, and my documental begins with a drawing.  There are several of them between the ten pages I occupied.  They're meant to remind me of what I really meant to say.  The print is small; written in navy blue ink and I can see the back side showing through the front.

A Book I Read

A book I read condemned me,
This condemnation came,
Years after it freed me.

When I picked it up,
I knew it would,
This book I read was already in me.

A book I read healed me,
The healing came moments after,
It wounded me.

When I picked it up,
It was already,
Drenched in blood.

A book I read gave me the courage to touch her.
The power came days after,
I'd black and blued her.

When I picked her up,
She was still lying in the shape of a "C".

The book I read she could not see,
The colors I painted,
She could not be.

A book I read freed me,
Not for the first time,
But countless of times.

To Support DAR as a Daytime Serial Drama:

All Poems written by NaTisha Renee Williams
All rights reserved.  Including the rights to reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured by the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications, LLC to use or reproduce any part of this Literary Work except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.

VCR Diaries, Copyright 2018 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights reserved.
VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen", Copyright 2019 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick, Round 9

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening.) Thank you for following The VCR Diaries MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Reece vs. Rick  "Survival Instinct" Reece-  Ever seen a tiny branch form right out of a large branch?  There’s no succession; no respect for season.  You blink and there it is.  It appears weak in contrast, until you see a squirrel sitting there.  There’s no sway.  There’s no bounce. It’s there and it’s meant to be there.  My life is the tiny branch, but my breath remains a set of wings… again, one tiny and one large.  You should see it flying through the sky; my breath.  If you can capture the image, you’ll say it’s not going that far.  Ye