Skip to main content

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Veronica vs. Vance, Round 2

Welcome to The VCR Diaries "MIC"
A Poetic Documental based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view)

Experience MIC!  Mysteries In Common.  
Enjoy this comparison of The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen.  
To access the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to TBIOB.blogspot.com. 

Round 2- Veronica vs. Vance  "PM"

VeronicaThey’ve dimmed the lights.  I take it they could see the pearls of sweat under my nose.  A few people have filed out.  Either the truth has them running to the bathroom, or they’re about to crawl back up under the carpet.  Whichever, I’m not joining them or chasing them.  I’ve found a rhythm and a friendly face to rest my nerves.  I’m Act 1, and a youthful fury is coming behind me.  So, I’m not dragging my feet or anything, but for now… The stage is mine.


The Prison Mate

The PM is either a mirror or a cloud overhead.
Don’t pick just yet,
In this hole,
Neither is welcomed.

The mirror is arrogant,
It likes to smile back at you,
To say… I know you lady.

It’s full of glare,
And low on grace,
I would break it,
But they’ll just issue me another.

And the cloud…
It holds too much.
It’s eyes are big,
And it sees too much.

I would out run it,
But they got bars in rows I can’t count.
So I lay under it,
Hoping but not praying,
Hoping that it doesn’t get lazy,
And spill everything right on my head.

This one is definitely a cloud…
And she does everything loud.
She even thinks loud,
And if you listen real close,
You can hear how bad she wants out this place.

She’s maybe six,
If not seven.
Yeah…
Now and then,
They come and go.

They come sometimes with a solid frown,
Then other times with a faded grin,
I don’t ever acknowledge any of it,
But it’s all in my accounting,
And today I’m counting.

See, something tells me,
This cloud is on the move,
And something else tells me,
There’s a pun somewhere in this scheme of things.

But don’t look for it,
You’ll never find it that way.
You’ve got to close your eyes,
And go to sleep more than a few times.

I hear the keys,
They’re jingling as they come.
I hear the heavy steps,
They’re panting as they move.

I’m laying,
I’m reading,
And I appear to be unbothered,
But my eyes are ready to jump,
To add to the record,
To calculate her next step.

The iron sharpens iron,
And she’s off.
It’s no faded grin,
And it’s no solid frown,
But without taking my back off the bed,
And with my eyes way out in front of me,
I’m almost certain,
I spotted a prayer.


Vance- The men are different.  They respond differently.  I keep my eyes pretty low.  I don't want to lose my place, but I can see some nodding.  I sort of just kept writing and I didn't start a fresh page for each piece.  I hear barking; some whistling.  The ladies they mostly clap or hi-five.  I just read Veronica's "PM" last night.  It's good.  So good, I wish I could just hold on to mine, but my wife is in the stands and I would hate for the barks to turn to growls.  I mean everyone has the program by now, and The VCR Diaries was too big to overlook.  Well, I never been to prison so cut a brother some slack.


PM

Poor Mouse.
In reality... the cat eats the mouse.
In mentality,
The mouse runs the house.

Everybody has a stinking dead part of them,
Died in the wall stinking dead.

The part of me that broke through the wall,
Is beautifully alive however,
And however I look at it,
this life isn't meant for mice but men.

In the language of the hidden elite,
Poor mouse is not a wake,
it's a code,
a celebration.
We all had to leave something behind.

Some buried people,
Some buried themselves,
We,
We buried the mice.

Still the mouse runs the house.

The mouse and his two front teeth,
That's the emblem,
That's the war dance,
That's the bond...

And no one needs to tell the story.

Either you get it,
Or you don't.

Either you smell it,
Or you won't.

Poor Mouse.


All Poems written by NaTisha Renee Williams
All rights reserved.  Including the rights to reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured by the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications, LLC to use or reproduce any part of this Literary Work except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.

VCR Diaries, Copyright 2018 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights reserved.
VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen", Copyright 2019 by Natisha R. Williams, All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick, Round 9

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening.) Thank you for following The VCR Diaries MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Reece vs. Rick  "Survival Instinct" Reece-  Ever seen a tiny branch form right out of a large branch?  There’s no succession; no respect for season.  You blink and there it is.  It appears weak in contrast, until you see a squirrel sitting there.  There’s no sway.  There’s no bounce. It’s there and it’s meant to be there.  My life is the tiny branch, but my breath remains a set of wings… again, one tiny and one large.  You should see it flying through the sky; my breath.  If you can capture the image, you’ll say it’s not going that far.  Ye