Skip to main content

Erased: Chapter 1

Erased

Chapter 1- Light Communication


Tayeton- I'd boldly taken the risk of taking Kat with me.  We'd left Kaylin behind at Kayla and Wood's.  There was something puzzling from the moment we'd arrived, but I didn't overreact to any of it.  Now we were sitting in the gap.  For the next twenty minutes or so that it would take us to get to Kat's parent's home, I was hoping it wouldn't become a rough valley.  I'd only presented Kayla as Kaylin's sister.  Sure Kat also knew that she was signed to Simpleton and Fisher, but I hadn't gone past that.  Kat was somewhat of a cautious driver. She kept her eyes on the road mostly, but I got the feeling that she would look my way at any moment.  The moment eventually came as she slowed the car at the first flash from green to yellow. 

"There's something I need to tell you."  Her eyes where just a tad less bright than usual, and she wore a look of remorse.
"What's that?"
"It's about the purple card."  We'd already put the card behind us, and I couldn't guess what it could be.
"What about the purple card?"  I remembered for a moment how I'd discovered it, and how she'd brushed it off so easily.  I'd managed not to think about my mother much this day.  Perhaps it was all the anxiety of the invite, but now Kat had drawn a strait line down memory lane.
"She was my client.. your mom.  The purple card... well it's complicated, but it's always left at an unlikely time, in an unlikely place, for an unlikely person.  Your mother was one of those person's, and so was Wood."
"Wood.  What does he have to do with all of this?"
"It's all confidential but you should know that I know about your history with Kayla."  She fed me the truth at a pace and in portions that were hard to digest.  I tried to keep my head steady and absorb it all.  Her gaze had returned to the road ahead of her, but my gaze was behind me.
"Why didn't you say something?"  It was all I had.
"You're HIV positive... surely you've had past relationships Tayeton.  I just figured it was like any other until I read the book."
"And now?"
"Did you love her?"
"It feels like a lifetime ago.  I suppose I loved her more than anyone else I'd been with at the time, but now I have more capacity to love.  It's different now."  Kat took a short glimpse at me and back at the road.  I could tell that she was making her judgments and calculations, and I just sat hoping they wouldn't leave me minced in too many pieces.  I thought to find out more about my mother while we were coming face to face with the things we'd pushed to the side.

"Tell me about my mother.  Did she ever mention her writings?"  Kat didn't look over but rather I could see that she'd taken a deep breath, and really considered her. 
"She mostly wanted to ensure Kaylin would be okay.  That was most of what we discussed.  Tell me about her writings?"  Kat was wearing her doctor's hat again, and probably hadn't even noticed it.
"She wrote a book; Thinking Outloud.  It's the inspiration for my blog."
"I thought I'd heard the title before.  No, sorry, she never spoke about any of that. But why don't you  re-publish it?"
"I've been thinking about it.  Actually, I got some leads I plan to follow."  I stopped to consider Mr. Wells and all his generosity.  I had kept his notes in my wallet.  Just then, I pulled them out and turned my attention to all I certainly had to be grateful for.


Read the Book Intro now:
https://thedecksandtheroad.blogspot.com/2018/05/erased-dedication-and-introduction.html



Erased, a novel

Copyright 2018 Natisha Renee Williams, All Rights Reserved

Grace Call Communication, LLC Copyright 2018

To see the full novel copyright page, go to:
http://thedecksandtheroad.blogspot.com/2018/05/erased-novel-copyright-page.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The VCR Diaries "MIC" Reece vs. Rick Simpleton, Round 7

Welcome to The VCR Diaries 2 "MIC"  A Poetic Documental  based on The Decks and the Road Novel Series (Click on the Image to open a clearer view) Experience MIC! Mysteries in Common. Enjoy this comparison look at The VCR Diaries and The VCR Diaries 2 "No Estrogen" To view the full Log of the Diaries, you may go to  TBIOB.blogspot.com Round 7- Reece vs. Rick Simpleton "The Trap" from  The VCR Diaries 1-Act 3, Part 1-  The Lights have dropped.  It’s not a total black out.  Not yet anyway.  You can hear the questions and the whispers.  None of them however are stronger than the darkness.  Reece is the last woman standing, and her platform is beginning to look like a trap.  It remains erected, but it’s obvious she’s going to need to move around.  It’s the look on her face that sends this message.  It says she’s got a head full of thoughts.  It’s not even on her chest.  No, it’s right at the tip of her tongue. Her Diary- Reece I

Grace Call Communications... Unfolding Now!

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view.  Download optional after opening) Grace Call Communications, LLC thanks you for your support of DAR and The VCR Diaries!  Pick up our latest Newsletter to find out how you can Write Your First Book in 2020 using our Suspended-Release Novel Formula.  Also enjoy The VCR Diaries "MIC".. Mysteries in Common right here on the blog.

Introduction to Freeborn

The Decks and the Road Book 1- Freeborn Introduction “You have not seen your life, until you’ve seen a circle.” In life we take the hands we are dealt, and hit the road.  Sometimes the deck makes us a slave, and other times, the road wears us down.  Then, every now and again we get a glimpse of the Freeborn ; the beauty that is born at the round-about.  It’s a fragile beauty; a beauty that can be easily seen but not understood.  It’s the beauty you hope will be with you forever.  But, too bad; it was born free.  It comes, it harnesses the wind, it creates a line in the sky, and then, it’s gone.  The freeborn is not for the aspirational.  It’s useless to aspire to.  It’s not up to us who breathe, but it’s decided by the one who gives breath.  The generations could not purge itself to exist this way; nor could traditions.  It’s the resting of a hand—the touch of destiny; and boy is it sure to be victimized.  Yet, never mind the all the sympathy.  The Freeborn is nobody’s ga